Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

[:.FLICKS.:] G.I.Joe, A Real American Bad Movie?

G.I. Joe was the real American hero for boys and girls of past many generations and now in the great year of 2009, we get the live action installment of G.I.Joe.  I, myself have many a fond memory of watching the
cartoon movie.  I watched it over and over again.  I must have thought it was pretty boss.  I couldn't tell you what happened in it, due to not seeing it in so many years.  What I am trying to get at is that I have held a very special place in my heart for G.I.Joe.  And I will say that in my opinion, Paramount and Spyglass did not completely bastardize the franchise that I hold so dear.  With that being said, I did not have a lot of high expectations going into it due to a lot of bad reviews.  I was; however, thoroughly entertained by the movie and enjoyed all of the character flashbacks that helped piece together the plot and the relationships between the members of G.I.Joe and Cobra.  There are also witty one-liner references like "Kung Fu Grip" and "Knowing is Half the Battle" that prove as little inside jokes for those in the know of Joe.  I really expected for Marlon Wayans to be as bad as he was in that Dungeons and Dragons movie.  He was actually okay.  Channing Tatum as Duke seemed to play Channing Tatum playing Duke, which means he was just himself and some scenes seemed a little awkward and Paul Walkerish to me.  All in all, it has a good story that will keep you engaged...probably could have cut off about a half hour or so of the movie.


SEE THIS MOVIE IF:
You are a fan of G.I. Joe action figures and/or cartoon, can see it for less than the normal theater price (like I did) or rent it.
SPOILER:
If you didn't look it up on IMDB, Brendan Frasier is actually in this movie.


No comments: