Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Google "Miserable Failure" rumor is true


Today, while at work, a fellow co-worker of mine showed this to me. If you go to Google and type in "miserable failure" (quotes not needed) and the hit "I'm Feeling Lucky" instead of just Search a page that displays George W. Bush's biography off of the White House website. I am not sure why this happens every time. I have tried it a couple of times but it always holds true.

Could this have something to do with the Government requesting that Google release what people search for? I understand that the Patriot Act was put into effect to help protect American citizens from terrorism. But where does it draw the line? We are losing are freedoms and our privacy by politicians who bend the original intent of the Patriot Act to their liking.

I feel that the Patriot Act needs to be revised or the Supreme Court should do something about it. Our country's checks and balances are out of whack. I was just watching the Colbert Report and Stephen Colbert commented that checks and balances means that when you checked the box to vote for Bush, you gave him all the balance. I am not sure when we will be given our privacy back, but as it stands now, it seems all the Patriot Act has done is take away our civil liberties.

No comments: